How to: make a stamp without a stamp

During this X-mas heat I've got my own heat: I've got a tracheitis and have to stay home... meh...
Anyway the last weekend I experienced something completely new: my Mom & me took part of the annual fair called 'Nice stuff fair' (in Polish 'Jarmark Rzeczy Ładnych'). This is a kind of a craft show, where people can sell and show their stuff made by their hands. And people make lots of stuff: scrapbooking, decoupage, altering, sewing, felting, sculpting, mosaics... 1001 things that a man can craft. I got my Mom persuaded that she should show her knitting - she makes wonderful clothes for little kids. I joined her with my cards, but the main aim was to pick her out from home with her works. We spent a wonderful time talking to people, sold some things and joined the next fair, which is gonna take place on March. We can't wait! Here are some pics from this event:
My Mom & me

My X-mas cards (not too many)

Please take one - Emily from Digi Garden

My Mom's knitting

Over 70 stands with different stuff

Before the show begins

Me taking pics... and my Dad taking a pic of me (in the background at the table the 'new born baby sets' in boxes).
More of my Mom's work HERE.

Now onto my card.
This time I decided to go CAS style, using the stamp that was not a stamp. I die cutted the X-mas tree using Cottage Cutz die, and 'stamped' it on a card using the embossing transparent ink and transparent embossing powder. Then inked the image with a 'blue jeans' distressing ink. Voila!
The background is also being stamped with Viva Decor stamps and heat embossed, too. My fiance said it was the best card I made for X-mas (he likes CAS cards, as the man do). The sentiment says 'Merry X-mas' and it is a sticker.
I'm entering the following challenges with this card:

9 komentarze:

Darlene 20 grudnia 2012 15:27  

WOW what a beautiful creation Anna and it looks like you & your Mom had a fabulous time at the fair! What beautiful knitted items your Mom makes ... I see creativity runs in the family!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘HAND STAMPED BACKGROUND’ challenge and please come back again soon! Merry Christmas!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sarah 20 grudnia 2012 18:20  

Looks like you had lots of different goodies on your stall, I hope the fair went well. Your card is so beautiful, I love the design. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our challenge this week x

Leanne 21 grudnia 2012 17:03  

Thank you for playing our Make your own Background paper at 4 Crafty Chicks, lovely.

Ani 23 grudnia 2012 12:01  

Lovely card! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Mania!

Miss Emerald 24 grudnia 2012 09:13  

Absolutely stinning work! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

TannyP 24 grudnia 2012 14:09  

What a fun fair - thanks for sharing your photos :) Gorgeous card - I love those colors! Thanks so much for playing along with our Hand Stamped Background at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Tamie 26 grudnia 2012 22:38  

Fabulous background! Love the colors and layout too. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.. Merry Christmas.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) 6 stycznia 2013 15:21  

Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for entering our "Snow" Challenge at Lexi's Creations, Happy New Year!! Hugs Susan x

Sandra 7 stycznia 2013 00:38  

Looks like you had a great time. Love your Mums Knits.

Thanks for entering your lovely card at Creative Craft Challenges

SandraT x

Prześlij komentarz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I design for

I design for

I design for

design team

I design for

I design for

And last but not least

And last but not least

Contact me at

annashandmadecards (at) gmail (dot) com

COPYRIGHTS

All the pics of cards posted here & the cards itselves were made by me, with my own hands. It would be an honour for me if you take them as your inspiration. You may post my pics on your blog, but only under condition, that you'll link them here, where they belong. Posting my cards as your own work is forbidden and will be punished according to author's rights.

My wonderful Followers!

Challenge Blogs

Obsługiwane przez usługę Blogger.